12th March 2020
Dear APAS2020 Conference Delegates,
We are very closely monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic and will put in place additional health and safety measures to minimise the risk of transmission. At this stage, we are satisfied that the APAS2020 conference can be delivered safely for all those taking part.
We are closely monitoring the advice from industry bodies such as Tourism Australia, Meetings and Events Australia and Professional Conference Organisers Australia. We will continue to follow the guidelines provided by the NSW and Commonwealth Departments of Health.
We have received the following advice from the venue:
Fairmont Resort & Spa Blue Mountains are doing everything they can to uphold their high standards to maintain a safe environment, with additional cleaning, disinfecting, and providing hand sanitisers to travellers coming through the hotel. The hotel is undertaking the following measures to maintain a healthy environment:
- Working with industry bodies Tourism Australia, the Tourism Transport Forum, State Tourism organisations and relevant accommodation bodies to ensure a coordinated approach.
- Following the health guidelines provided the Department of Health.
- Further reducing risk by exercising additional preventative measures as advised by Ecolab and Diversey, which includes, but is not limited to, increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting throughout the hotel.
- The hotel has increased their cleaning schedules in all public areas with a particular focus on hand railings, elevators, bathrooms and doors, using a suitable disinfectant.
- Hand sanitiser and signs have been placed in all public areas for guests and visitors to use.
- Reinforcement of team personal hygiene, proper handwashing and use of alcohol-based hand sanitisers.
- Additional hand sanitiser provided in all back of house areas for teams.
- Increased communication with our partners and government public health agencies.
Please visit the Enquiries area on our website to ask any questions you may have and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible. All registered delegates will be kept fully up to date on any developments.